On October 29. 1904. seven Sisters of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres established its first foundation in the Philippines in Dumaguete, Negros Oriental. The Sisters, coming from their mission in Vietnam, responded to the invitation of the Most Reverend Frederick Rooker of the Diocese of Iloilo, to which Dumaguete then belonged. They were Mother Marthe de St Paul, Superior, Sr. Marie Louise du Sacre Couer. Sr. Ange Marie, Sr. Anne de la Croix, Sr. Charles de Genes. Sr. Catherine, and Sr. Josephine. The seven sisters were immediately sent to take over the direction of a boarding school with 26 girls, located near the Cathedral. It was the first foundation of the Congregation of the Sisters of St. Paul of Chartres (SPC) in the Philippines.
January 9, 1905, the new school opened with 30 girls ( 15 of whom were aged 15 to 20), four of them boarders, and six boys. Children, women, and young men came to the school for religious instruction. Besides the regular academic courses, there were supplementary ones in music, drawing, painting, French, sewing, and embroidery. The medium of instruction was English. However, since the americans had been in the Philippines only Five years, very few pupils were acquainted with the language. Hence, the Sisters were obliged to lean Visayan and Spanish to be able to communicate with their charges.
The High School Department opened in 1920. The first high school graduation took place in 1925.