SPUD GRADUATE SCHOOL HISTORY
Today, St. Paul University continues to reach out those who want to pursue their master’s and doctor’s degrees. The remarkable dates to celebrate and remember are:
1953 - Government Recognition was granted for the One-Year Post graduate Course in Education Reading to the degree of Master of Arts in Education (M.A.), GR#247, S.1953, March 28,1953.
1981 - The graduate course leading to the degree in Master in Business Administration (MBA) was opened.
1984 - First Graduate of the MBA Course.
2003 - The Graduate School Extension Classes were opened in Bindoy with 25 students enrolled in the course leading to the degree MAED.
2004 - Offered additional graduate courses leading to the degrees: Master in Public Administration (M.P.A.) and Diploma in Public Management.
2005 - In the spirit of Paulinian mission, SPUD re-opened the Graduate School extension in Bindoy upon the request of some former students and other public school teachers. Twenty (20) graduate students enrolled.
2005 - SPUD GRADUATE SCHOOL started offering Doctoral Program leading to the degrees: Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), Doctor in Business Administration (D.B.A), and Doctor in Public administration (D.P.A.)
2013 - PACUCOA Level I, status was granted to Master of Arts in Education and Master in business Administration.
2016 - PACUCOA Level II status was given to Master of Arts in Education and Master in Business Administration.
Doctor of Education (Ed.D)
Master of Arts in Religious Education (MARE)
Master of Arts in Education (MAED)
• Major in:
• Educational Management
• Guidance and Counseling
• English Language Teaching
• Curriculum and Instruction
• Elementary Education
• Early Childhood Education
Doctor in Business Administration (DBA)
Master in Business Administration (MBA)
Master in Business Administration major in Hospitality and Tourism Management (MBA-HTM)
Doctor in Public Administration (DPA)
Master of Public Administration (MPA)
Master of Arts in Nursing (MAN)
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
• Advanced Adult Nursing
• Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing
• Advance Community Health Nursing
• Nursing Administration
NEW OFFERED COURSE
Master of Science in Environmental Studies (MSES)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PROGRAM OBJECTIVES
DOCTOR'S DEGREE PROGRAM
DOCTOR OF EDUCATION (Ed.D)
1. Exposes students to advance in educational research and practice while maintaining the integrity and validity of the teaching profession.
2. Encourages to be stewards of the discipline entrusted with preserving, creating and applying knowledge in education and in with communicating educational knowledge to others.
3. Motivates the students to utilize theory and research to enhance their capacity to bridge theory and diverse philosophical perspective with practice as well as contribute to knowledge.
DOCTOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (DBA)
1. Provides access to latest academic theories, concepts and techniques deeply rooted in Pauline values in order the students to scale greater heights.
2. Enhances the application of research in addressing complex human issues and concerns.
3. Develops the ability to carry out an advanced level of independent research through enhanced written communication and analytical skills.
4. Conducts an in-depth study of particular aspects of business administration in order to undertake a significant contribution for the good of one’s fellowmen and betterment of society.
DOCTOR OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (DPA)
1. Imbues students with knowledge, insights leadership and research skills to adequately meet current critical issues faced by senior managers in different societal agencies and institutions.
2. Exposes the students to an in depth exploration of contemporary ideas and practices related to public administration along with the ability to synthesize and integrate public administration concepts in the workplace.
3. Enhances the managerial skills of students I public administration to enable them to apply the knowledge and skills learned which are rooted on Paulinian Values.
4. Provides a learning environment through the enhancement of ones personal and professional competence as public administration concepts are communicated to diverse audience in a dynamic interaction with public administration practitioners.
MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAM
MASTER OF ARTS IN EDUCATION (MAED)
1. Seeks to pursue the needed advancement of knowledge and skills in educational leadership with the integration of Paulinian values among graduate students operating in a business and technology-driven world.
2. Updates graduate students with the needed pedagogical administrative and supervisory skills vital in their dynamic role of nation-building.
3. Develops critical thinking coupled with research skills to help improve the quality of life thereby concretizing the spirit of nationalism anchored on a fervent love of God and fellowmen.
MASTER OF ARTS IN RELIGIOUS EDUCATION (MARE)
1. Enhances the students professional qualifications in religious education and prepares them to become religious coordinators or catechist coordinators/ formators both in primary and secondary schools in the parish.
2. Provides students with research skills and knowledge in contemporary Religious issues.
3. Relates and applies theological reflection to a variety of educational contexts.
MASTER OF ARTS IN NURSING (MAN) and MASTER OF SCIENCE IN NURSING (MSN)
1. Develops and molds integrated, committed, competent nurse imbued with the mission of service for the sick and the handicapped in the pursuance of quality nursing.
2. Utilizes the nursing process as problem solving tool for quality patient care to enrich the nursing education and practice.
3. Develops leadership and managerial skills in collaboration with other professionals as effective instruments of the Filipino Nation.
4. Instills an independent learning attitude and enhance ones skills in the nurture of ones talents and potentials.
5. Nurtures and put premium on the value of research to meet the challenges and trends of the nursing profession.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
1. Equips students with relevant entrepreneurial skills coupled with scientific, analytical and innovative approaches vital for decision making in the business world.
2. Integrates research skills, business tools and academic studies with actual experiences to meet complex business issues.
3. Inculcates the love for research, the virtues of discipline and hard work rooted in Paulinian values which are necessary for business acumen and Christian stewardship.
MASTER IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION (MPA)
1. Develops competent government managers, strengthens executive leadership and raises the standards of administrative performance in public service in the service of God and humanity.
2. Equips students with knowledge, values and skills through an integrated research oriented program to enhance their personal development and managerial competence.
3. Inculcates Paulinian values and high sense of competence and morality.
BEST FEATURES OF THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
• Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) Level II Accredited for Master of Arts in Education and Master of Business Administration.
• Academic consultation and follow-up done with graduate students.
BEST PRACTICES OF THE GRADUATE SCHOOL
1. Integration of the culture of Research as the heart and center of Graduate study, following the research processes until dissemination of the research output to identified groups.
2. Close monitoring of the graduate school students performance and status through their Program Chairs and Faculty.
3. Conducive for learning environment: e.g. fully air-conditioned classrooms and availability of audiovisual equipment in the classrooms and computer in library.
4. Value-laden classroom instruction is evident and modular program.
5. Highly competent and experienced Graduate School Faculty.
6. Enhanced student development activities through Team building, acquaintance party and meaningful CES initiatives of Graduate students.
7. Accommodating graduate school office personnel that would cater to students needs and concerns.
8. Integration of the 3 major objectives and functions in Graduate school education which are research, instruction and community extension services.
9. The Graduate school administrators, faculty and students serves as evidenced based advertisement for the school campaign, reaching to areas in North and South of Negros and some neighboring islands.
GRADUATE SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION
ENRIQUETA P. CIMAFRANCA, ED.D
Program Chair, Arts and Education
Email Add: email@example.com
Telephone No: (035) 225-1506 loc. 232
Cellphone No.: 0915-951-7120
MRS. MA. CAROL TUBOG, MBA
Program Chair, Business and Public Admin Graduate Programs
Email Add: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone No: (035) 225-1506 loc. 232
Cellphone No.: 0917-705-2647
DR. AYEZA CATHRINA B. TINAGAN
Program Chair, Master of Arts in Nursing
Email Add: email@example.com
Telephone No: (035) 225-1506 loc. 232
Cellphone No.: 0956-921-4024
DR. TICHIE ANN BAENA
Dean. Graduate School
Email Add: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone No: (035) 225-1506 loc. 318
Cellphone No.: 0926-668-5611